The following is an adapted excerpt from Dr. Josh Axe's new book “Ancient Remedies"
Looking for a healthy, energizing snack with some collagen? Want a chewier granola bar with performance fats and some natural sweetness? Look no further than these Oatmeal Almond Butter Bars.
How to Make Oatmeal Almond Butter Bars
Meal Type: Snacks
Prep time: 5 min
Refrigerator time: 2 hr
Total time: 2 hr 5 min
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Multi Collagen Protein Vanilla or Bone Broth Collagen Vanilla
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients until well combined. Mix the collagen in slowly. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, and then cut into bar or cookie shapes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.