Protein bars are an easy way to ensure you get some filling protein, healthy fats and fiber all in one shot — whether you're enjoying them as a balanced snack or when you don’t have time to sit down for a meal.
But while many packaged protein bars available in grocery stores have fillers, too much sugar and other strange ingredients, these homemade Bone Broth Collagen blueberry macadamia bars only contain real, recognizable foods. So skip the mass produced protein bars, save yourself some money and opt for this version instead.
These delicious bars are nutrient-packed with raw honey, dried blueberries, coconut butter and macadamia nuts — let’s hear it for healthy fats! They get an extra dose of deliciousness from protein powder made from bone broth. Thanks to the collagen and other beneficial compounds found in Bone Broth Collagen Vanilla, it’s a great way to support healthy energy levels, while keeping hunger in check.
One serving of these Bone Broth Protein blueberry macadamia bars contains roughly the following:
- 340 calories
- 10 grams protein
- 28 grams fat
- 17 grams carbohydrates
- 15 grams sugar
- 1 gram fiber
How to Make Collagen Blueberry Macadamia Bars
Meal Type: Snacks
Diet Type: Paleo, gluten-free
Prep Time: 5 minutes or less
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1⁄2 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 scoops of Bone Broth Collagen Vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- about 3 tablespoons water (for consistency, added as needed)
- Melt the coconut butter in a saucepan at a low heat.
- Combine the melted coconut butter, honey, vanilla and sea salt in a big bowl and whisk together. Then, add the protein powder into the mix and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients — blueberries, macadamia nuts and water — and stir so all are distributed evenly. Then pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Instead of baking the loaf, put the loaf into the refrigerator and let it chill for the next one to two hours. Once the “dough” is firm, cut the loaf into protein bar shapes.