Some of us have certain requirements each morning. It can go like this: coffee, collagen, donut. Now, you can combine those last two fabulous ideas into one, but a donut recipe that's healthy!
This is a chocolaty donut that is both healthy and delicious, not an easy feat to pull off! It's a great way to start your day because it's balanced with the three macronutrients: 9 grams of carbs, 14 grams of performance fats and 12 grams of protein.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 200
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Total Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Potassium: 318mg (7% DV*)
- Sodium: 32mg (2% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.
Double Chocolate Collagen Donuts
Meal Type: Breakfasts, Snacks
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Paleo
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 scoops Multi Collagen Protein Chocolate (about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nut (almond, coconut, etc.) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag.
- Squeeze batter into greased donut pan (silicone works best), filling each spot about ¾ to the top.
- Bake 12–15 minutes, removing when a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- While donuts are baking, melt together the frosting ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat to make the frosting.
- Once donuts are finished baking, allow to cool completely and remove frosting from heat.
- Dip donuts into frosting and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Josh Axe, co-founder of Ancient Nutrition and also author of the best-selling books Keto Diet and The Collagen Diet.