A gluten-free carrot cake treat loaded with Bone Broth Collagen? You'd better believe it! If you love carrot cake, I guarantee you will love this protein- packed snack.
These moist, health-minded carrot cake protein bars are perfect for on-the-go snacking and a great way to get carrots. They're also an ideal, satisfying macronutrient snack.
Top with grass-fed butter, a drizzle of honey or a thin layer of cream cheese frosting … then devour!
How to Make Carrot Cake Bars
Meal Type: Desserts, Snacks
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Paleo
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 cup dates, halved and pitted
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 scoops Bone Broth Collagen Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ¾ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Blend together dates, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sea salt and protein powder together until well combined.
- Add date mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on outside.
Variations: substitute the coconut oil for applesauce, or add a thin layer of cream cheese frosting!