When looking for a good, bread to satisfy and satiate, I believe there is nothing better than a collagen banana bread. Get ready to be surprised by how simple making collagen banana bread at home really is. By adding a scoop of Bone Broth Collagen powder, you can take this recipe to the next level! My gluten-free banana bread is a recipe that everyone (even gluten eaters!) will enjoy. For an extra treat, try it with a scoop of Greek yogurt.
This collagen banana bread recipe keeps all the best parts about banana bread while adding a collagen punch.. We’ll use almond flour, a lower-carb alternative to all-purpose white flour. Plus, you'll enjoy the extra goodness of Bone Broth Collagen powder.
Incorporating super-ripe bananas makes this collagen powder bread sweet, but we’ll add honey to make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied. Instead of butter, we’ll get that same silky texture with coconut milk. Now this is a collagen-packed banana bread you can indulge in!
Bone Broth Collagen Banana Nut Bread
Time: 55 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium, overly-ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup full-fat, canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Bone Broth Collagen ™ Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, banana, honey, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the collagen powder and remaining ingredients.
- Combine both mixtures, stirring until well incorporated.
- Place the mixture in a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Variations: Try pouring the batter into a muffin tin to make collagen banana bread muffins. Add some walnuts or pecans for some added nut protein. Add zucchini for a veggie and protein-packed banana-zucchini bread. If you cannot eat almonds, almond flour can be substituted out for coconut flour, but as it is so absorbent, it is best to mix it 1:1, with something like tapioca flour.