Imagine a dessert that's rich, creamy and loaded with chocolate flavour — but is made without dairy. An after-dinner treat that will replenish your body and you can feel good about serving. And best of all, it doesn't require fancy ingredients, a trip to the store or any funky kitchen gadgets.
Stop imagining and get in the kitchen, because it's time for my Bone Broth Collagen Coconut Chocolate Mousse!
This homemade mousse is easy to make and so good for you. Coconut cream gives this collagen mousse that lovely silky feel you expect without a drop of milk, while using coconut sugar keeps it free from refined sweeteners.
But the biggest hack in this dessert is the addition of Bone Broth Collagen. This innovative collagen powder is a terrific source of collagen. Did I mention it tastes great, too?
You've got to try this coconut chocolate mousse.
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Mousse
Open the cans of coconut milk and use a spoon to remove the cream on top of each can. Add the cream to a medium mixing bowl and stick it in the refrigerator.
Next, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add in the coconut sugar, chocolate and coconut water. Stir it together until well-combined. Then increase the heat to medium and add the Bone Broth Collagen and cocoa powders. Refrigerate until cool — I just stick the pan in there to avoid washing another dish.
Now, remove the chilled coconut cream from the fridge. Use a handheld or stand mixer — or a whisk if you want an upper-body workout — and whip the coconut cream until it's fluffy.
Pour the cooled chocolate collagen mixture into the whipped coconut cream. Now whip the two together until they're well-combined. Return to the refrigerator and let the collagen coconut chocolate mousse chill until it sets, about two-and-half hours.
When the mousse has set, serve it with fresh berries.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Meal Type: Dessert
Diet Type: made without dairy, Gluten-free, Paleo
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 3 hours
- 3 cans of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces coconut water
- 3 scoops Bone Bone Collagen Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- fresh berries, optional
- Open cans of coconut milk. Remove cream from top of each can into a medium mixing bowl and refrigerate.
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, add the coconut sugar, chocolate and coconut water. Stir gently until well-combined. Increase heat to medium and add Bone Broth Collagen powder and cocoa powder. Refrigerate until cool.
- Remove coconut cream from fridge, and with a handheld or stand mixer, whip coconut cream until fluffy. Pour cooled chocolate mixture into whipped coconut cream and whip until well-combined. Return to fridge and chill until set, about 2–2.5 hours.
- Serve topped with fresh raspberries.