Are you in need of a refreshing drink to cool down with as the warm weather takes hold? You’ve got to try this fruity, sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca.
Agua fresca, or “fresh water,” is a popular drink in Mexico and throughout Central America. They’re made by combining water with sugar and fruits to create a sweet and tasty beverage.
My version includes the added benefits of Multi Collagen Protein and uses cooling benefit-rich watermelon and honey to keep it free from refined sugars. When mixed with sparkling water, the result is a fizzy beverage you’ll want to drink all summer long.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 85
- Total Carbohydrates: 12.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sugar: 10.7g
- Total Fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 10g
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.
How to Make Watermelon Agua Fresca Recipe
Meal Type: Beverages
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Paleo
Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into pieces
- ¼ tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 scoops of Multi Collagen Protein (full serving per glass)
- ¼ cup sparkling water
- Blend watermelon, water, honey, collagen protein and lime juice in a blender.
- Stir in sparkling water just prior to serving.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Josh Axe, co-founder of Ancient Nutrition and also author of the best-selling books Keto Diet and The Collagen Diet.