Macaroni and cheese is a comfort food favorite for good reason. It’s hot, it’s cheesy and it’s delicious. But if you’ve ever looked at the ingredients on that famous blue box, you’ll know it’s full of a lot more than pasta and cheese.
And while homemade versions are tasty too, they’re not necessarily healthier — packed with calories, refined carbs and heaps of cheese, they offer little-to-no nutritional benefits. Does that mean you have to give up your favorite food? No way! Instead, let’s give mac and cheese a makeover. Using cauliflower, two types of cheeses packed with goat's milk, protein-rich kefir, and Keto Collagen you’ll get a deliciously health-minded version of a long-time favorite.
Keto Collagen Cauliflower Mac
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- ½ cup kefir
- ½ cup goat's milk cottage cheese, pureed
- 1½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ cups grated sheep's or goat's milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
- 2-3 scoops Keto Collagen
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder Ghee
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 8x8 pan with ghee
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread into prepared pan
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together kefir, cottage cheese, and mustard until smooth
- Stir in cheese, Keto Collagen, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder until cheese just starts to melt.
- Pour over cauliflower and stir. Top with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!