Cool off on a hot summer day with these homemade chocolate-covered frozen bananas. With a popsicle stick, this frozen banana recipe is easy to enjoy while on the go — whether you’re sitting poolside, running errands or even working at your desk. Did I mention they’re kid-approved? Even the little ones will want one. Luckily, this recipe makes enough for the whole family.
The added Bone Broth Collagen Protein will make you feel even more guilt-free about eating this naturally-sweetened dessert with the extra protein you’re getting in every bite. These frozen bananas are so tasty, you may even find yourself craving them during the cool-weather months.
Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
Time: 1 hour
- 4 bananas, halved
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 scoops Bone Broth Collagen Protein
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- Cut bananas in half, insert popsicle sticks and place in the freezer.
- Melt oil and whisk in honey, the cacao powder and protein powder. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip in mixture, covering thoroughly.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Return to the freezer until chocolate is fully frozen.